- KIP: Kythera Island Project
- This site introduces a range of KIP research activities dedicated to studying the long-term cultural and environmental history of the island of Kythera (Greece) and its place in a wider world.
- NARNIA: New Archaeological Research Network for Integrating Approaches to Material Studies
- An interdisciplinary research project for the study of ancient materials from the Eastern Mediterranean
- Paliambela Arcaeological Project
- The international archaeological project at Paliambela-Kolindros systematically investigates the development of the prehistoric settlement at Paliambela, located in the Municipality of Kolindros. It is a collaborative venture between the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and the University of Sheffield.
- PRAP: Pylos Regional Archaeological Project
- PRAP was a multi-disciplinary, diachronic archaeological expedition to investigate the history of prehistoric and historic settlement and land use in western Messenia in Greece, in an area centered on the Bronze Age administrative center known as the Palace of Nestor.
- SArPedon: Sissi Archaeological Project
- SArPedon is an interdisciplinary and multi-partner archaeological project focused on the Kefali hill and its environs, located near the modern village of Sissi in east Crete.
- AWOL: Ancient World On-line
- A blog about the ancient world by Chalres Elwood Jones (Institute for the Study of the Ancient World at NYU).
- History of the British School at Athens
- A useful blog by Dr David Gill (Swansea University) that discusses people, excavations, research and events associated with the BSA.
Institutes & Organizations
- Aegeus: Society of Aegean Prehistory
- A non-profit organisation that promotes research and education in Aegean prehistory. Many of the founding members are Sheffield graduates.
- BSA: British School at Athens
- Founded in 1886, the British School at Athens is an educational charity, now part of the British Academy's network of Sponsored Institutes and Societies (BASIS) which sustains and supports British research overseas.
- INSTAP-EC: Institute for Aegean Prehistory - Study Center in East Crete
- INSTAP-EC is a unique facility located in Pacheia Ammos (East Crete) for archaeological research, especially in the area of Aegean Prehistory. The Center is committed to stimulating and facilitating publication in the broader field of Cretan studies, with a focus on archaeology and ethnology.
- INSTAP: Institute for Aegean Prehistory
- INSTAP grants aim to promote knowledge of the Aegean region, and to support archaeological fieldwork and research in that area in the chronological span of the Paleolithic through to the 8th century B.C.
- The joint on-line catalogue of the Blegen and Gennadius libraries of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens and the library of the British School at Athens.
- On-line bibliography of the aegean and related areas published by the Department of Classics, University of Cincinnati.
- The Corpus of the Minoan and Mycenaean Seals (CMS)
- The CMS, scholarly publications of every preserved seal and clay cast from the Aegean Bronze Age, has - until now - existed exclusively in a printed version. Now, the Corpus has been digitized, updated and has been made available on the internet.
|Sheffield Centre for Aegean Archaeology is a Research Centre in the Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield.
How to cite this page: Sheffield Centre for Aegean Archaeology, http://scaa.group.sheffield.ac.uk/links.php, Accessed: 22 June 2017